ProductsMold Releases Mold Cleaners Rust Preventives Greases Purging Compounds Try the Cost Calculator Schedule Free Purging
TechnicalSafety Data Sheets Technical Data Sheets Purge Cost Calculator Product Crossover Tool White Papers Certificate of Conformance
Technical NewslettersView Previous Newsletters
Available in aerosol and non-aerosol formulations, NSF registered ejector pin grease is colorless, odorless and has excellent dielectric strength. It will not bleed out and is paintable.
Lubricating ejector pins is essential to preserve the life of an injection molding tool. The wrong procedure and the wrong lubricant can cause problems and even damage a tool. Problems, such as bleed out onto the tool surface, can cause defective plastic parts. Thermal and viscosity breakdown can cause galling, seizing, and pitting. All these issues can be resolved utilizing the proper procedure and the right lubricants.
New Assemblies and Preventive Maintenance Assemblies: Lubricate the back 85% of the ejector pin with a high load bearing, high temperature grease, such as Slide Super Grease (No. 43911P.) Then lubricate the remaining front 15% of the pin with a clear, non-marking lubricant, such as Slide non-aerosol Super Grease (No. 43900.) Spray additional non-marking, clear lubricant in the sleeve of the pin. Now install the pin.
Periodically, additional lubrication must be applied to the front section of the pins. Set your ejector pin selection to manual and move the pins to the out or eject mode. Spray the front of the pins with lubricant, then turn your machine back to auto and continue to make parts. This lubrication will need to be performed at least once a week. High-speed molds may require lubrication before every shift.
For additional lubrication behind the mold, such as on the ejector plate, use a high load bearing, high temperature aerosol lubricant, such as Slide Super Grease aerosol (No. 43911P.)
NSF category H1
Ideal for mold assemblies used in the food and medical space
NLGI #2 high temperature grease